Yes, Lucy’s birthday is the day after Michael’s… not to mention that Mama’s is tomorrow! 🙂 As you can imagine that kinda’ takes over New Years.
But my siblings are better than New Years anyway.
Sorry. Not sorry actually.
But we have a tradition of making a list on New Years Day of things we did as a family in the last year, so I thought I’d post it. It’s long!
* Over night visit from friends
* Kept participating in our local Homeschool group
* Becca kept teaching E.S.L. at the S.S.C.A.
* We were part of the Refugee Outreach with Waypoint Church in July
* Becca did college classes at Eternity Bible College
* Spencer did Scorpion basketball (also with our homeschool group)
* I continued going to a local Bright Lights group
* Becca continues leading her own B.L. group
* Spencer participated in National History Day for the third time
* Daddy started working at Labpoint
* We volunteered at the Hope Center for Kids
* Becca and Hanna did “coffee duty” at church, and Spencer and Dad helped with media
* Hanna, Spencer, and Dad acted in the Nebraska Home Educators Association Kid’s Conference drama and Becca and Spencer taught
* Dad, Spencer, and Hanna went to a Harlem Globe Trotters game
* Cystic Fibrosis Walk
* Heart Walk
* Hanna and Spencer did a workshop at the Rose Theater
* Hanna and Spencer took piano lessons and Spencer was in his last recital
* Rothfuss Reunion in Superior
* World Refugee Day
* Becca took the C.E.L.T.A. in Denver
* Went to Shakespeare on the Green: “The Tempest”
* Mom’s sister had brain surgery
* Jazz on the Green
* New swing set!!!
* Spencer teaches tae kwon do for Kicking Tigers
* Becca volunteers to teach E.S.L. for Embrace the Nations
* Spencer did a back pack drive for the Hope
* I hosted “Little Lights” and a Fairy Garden Tea Party
* Went to Two Rivers State Park on Tuesdays with our HS group
* Day of Family Camp at Rivercrest
* Visited friends in Colorado and attended a wedding
* Noonday Trunk Show
* Becca went to World Mandate in Texas
* Spencer starts College Plus and Debate, and takes the P.S.A.T.
* Hosted our Autumn Harvest Soup Supper
* Kept in touch with Michael’s birth-family
* I worked on writing “Love Can Bridge Oceans” and “Looking Back”
* CHINA over Thanksgiving and Lucy home December 4!!!!!
* Hanna starts blog ( 🙂 )… and gets a camera
*Spencer read “Great Expectations,” “Prophet,” “Counted Worthy,” and “Democracy in America”
* Hanna also read “Prophet” and “Counted Worthy,” as well as “Gulliver’s Travels” and “Pilgrim’s Progress”
* Watched “Amazing Grace” and had a Hobbit plunge
* Mama turns 43, Dad also, Becca turns 18 (and graduates!), Spencer turns 15, Hanna turns 14, Lucy turned 8, and Michael turns 3
* Did a series on “Live 10” at Waypoint church
* Mom and Dad to Rend Collective Concert
* Becca read “Bonhoeffer”
* Gained a third car–Honda CRV
* Dad made several tables out of bowling alley lanes
* Great-grandma passes away
* Waypoint moves to new offices